Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Pain in Milton, GA
When your lower back pain persists for weeks or months, the experience can take a toll on your emotional health and physical health. Get the hope and healing you've been looking for at Milton Chiropractic & Massage, with gentle yet effective services that can put your body back on the path to wellness.
Why You Have Lower Back Pain (Causes and Risk Factors)
Lower back pain is generally caused by an underlying issue with a joint, muscle, nerve, tendon, ligament, disc, or other connective tissue in the lumbar spine. Some examples include:
- Spondylosis (a type of arthritis of the spine)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowed bony spaces)
- Lumbar radiculopathy or sciatica (nerve root compression)
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Disc problems (disc herniation, disc bulge, degenerative disc disease)
The risk of lower back pain tends to increase with age, and is especially common among 30- to 50-year-old men. Other risk factors for lower back pain include:
- Acute trauma (e.g., fall, car accident)
- Excessive sitting
- Frequent heavy lifting, twisting, and bending
- Other underlying health conditions like depression
Signs and Symptoms Associated with Lower Back Pain
In addition to sore, achy, dull, throbbing, shooting, radiating, or burning pain, people with lower back pain often report:
- Decreased tolerance to activity and exercise
- Tenderness over the lower back area
- Pain, numbness, tingling, and/or weakness that radiates into the buttocks, groin, leg, and foot
- Pain that changes depending on time of day, activity, stress level, or direction of movement (e.g., back pain may get worse when bending forward or bending backward)
On a physical examination with a chiropractor, people with lower back pain also frequently exhibit other signs and symptoms, such as decreased range of motion in the hips or shoulders, postural and muscular imbalances, and a weak core.
How Our Milton Chiropractor Helps People with Lower Back Pain
Milton chiropractor Dr. Dana Harvey has advanced training in non-invasive chiropractic care techniques, including Pain Management, Active Release Techniques, the Graston technique, and Spinal Decompression Therapy.
By offering these interventions, along with corrective exercises, lifestyle counseling, and nutritional guidance, Dr. Harvey is able to help her patients start feeling more in control of their wellness and less controlled by their debilitating lower back pain.
Every patient's plan of care is customized to meet their individual needs and goals, and thoughtfully implemented to ensure they get the maximum benefit out of their care.
Are You Struggling With Lower Back Pain?
Call Milton Chiropractic & Massage at (770) 751-9224 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Harvey and learn more about what you can do to protect your lower back health!